New Packet Radio Modem (NPR-H)
The New Packet Radio Modem NPR-H build by us. The modem is compatible to existing firmware from F4HDK. The PCB is delivered to you flashed and tested. It can be configured as master or client according to the firmware description from F4HDK.
Please also take a look at the description PDF for setup (link below under Documents).
- build-in Low Noise Amplifier (LNA)
- build-in Power Amplifier
- build-in Power Over Ethernet power supply
- 1 MB SPI Flash memory
- SMA RF connector
- multiple GPIO in/outputs
- Configuration via UART or Ethernet (GPIO pins available)
Compared to the the existing hardware from F4HDK the NPR-H is more sensitive and shows 0% ERR at -99 dBm (remember that 6 dB doubles the distance!).
NPR from F4HDK
NPR from F4HDK
with VR-P25D Preamp
Sensitivity in Mode 21
- 1x NPR-H assembled, flashed and tested PCB
- Power over ethernet switch / injector or 5V Micro USB Power supply. The modem draws 230mA current at 5V DC.
- Please see here for an enclosure.
Documents (source F4HDK)
- NPR advanced guide
- NPR specification
- NPR introduction
- NPR Firmware 2020 06 29 band 70 cm
- NPR source code 2020 06 29
- Description of NPR-H Setup and Interfaces
|Output Power||+25 dBm|
|LNA Gain||13 dB|
|Frequency Range||360 - 535 MHz, optimized for 70 cm ham radio band|
|Noise Figure||< 1.5 dB|
|Power consumption||230mA @ 5V|
|Power supply||Micro USB 5V DC or Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|PCB||66,3 x 90,6 x 18 mm|
|incl. RJ45 jack sticking out from the PCB edge||70 x 90,6 x 18 mm|